THE KING’S LYNN CONSERVANCY BOARD (hereafter called the Board) hereby give notice that as from 0001 hours on the 1st January 2019, the following dues, rates and other charges are payable to the Board in accordance with the next following Regulations and Conditions: –
Applicable to the Schedule of Dues, Rates and Other Charges
1. These dues, rates and other charges are in the place of those previously in force and will continue in force until further notice.
2. Dues, rates and charges on ships shall be paid by the owner, agent, master, manager or other person having charge of the vessel or craft in respect of which they are levied. It is the Agents responsibility to ensure that all parties are aware of their liability for Dues and Charges
3. Dues, rates and charges on goods shall be paid by the owner, agent, manager or other person having charge of the goods in respect of which they are levied. It is the Agents responsibility to ensure that all parties are aware of their liability for Dues and Charges
4. In levying and collecting the amount of any due and rate, of the total amount of such due and rate under the above Schedule any fractional part of a penny shall be reckoned as one penny and any fractional part of a tonne will be reckoned as one tonne.
5. No outward bound ship putting back for refuge or anchorage only shall be subject to any further Conservancy dues, Roaring Middle Light Due or Dues on Goods, on that account without prejudice to the recovery of any dues then owing.
6. The Master of every vessel or craft or other person duly authorised is required to give the Board a true account of the cargo carried by that vessel or craft both inwards and outwards within 48 hours of the vessel completing cargo. Also such other information as the Board may require and at the option of the Board may be required to give satisfactory security for the proper payment of all dues, rates or other charges payable to the Board.
7. All dues rates and other charges are payable on demand or 14 days from date of Invoice, at the discretion of the Board and shall be paid at the Harbour Office or at such other places as the Board may from time to time appoint. Under the Late payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, the Board reserves the right to charge interest on any invoice that is not paid within the above terms.
8. The tonnage rates payable upon British vessels duly registered by law shall be calculated upon the certified tonnage in the register of such vessels. ITC (1969)
9. The tonnage of all other vessels shall be ascertained according to the rules of measurement for the time being established in the United Kingdom. ITC (1969).
10. The Board may confer, vary or extinguish exemptions from and compound with any person in respect of the payment of the dues, rates and charges payable to the Board, and the Board reserves the right to vary all its dues, rates and charges without notice.
11. The Board also reserves the right to levy and take from the owner or other person in charge, such reasonable dues, rates and other charges as may be approved on and in respect of seaplanes and hovercraft, and for services and accommodation not otherwise provided in the schedule.
12. Nothing herein is to be deemed to restrict the power of the Board to refuse the right of any vessel to moor or stay in the port and Harbour.
13. The Board will exercise its right under The King’s Lynn Conservancy Act 1897 and section 44 of the Harbour, Docks and Piers Clauses Act 1847 to distrain, appraise and sell any vessel in respect of the unpaid rates, charges and facility fees.
On vessels with cargo or engaged in works per transit : –
51.3p per ton or part of a ton of the Gross Tonnage. (Minimum Invoice Charge £25.00).
ROARING MIDDLE LIGHT DUES
By every vessel and craft passing and deriving benefit from the Roaring Middle Floating light in the Wash, inwards except ships unladen or in ballast: – 2.6p per ton or part of a ton of the Gross Tonnage.
By every vessel and craft passing and deriving benefit from the Roaring Middle Floating light in the Wash, outwards except ships unladen or in ballast: – 2.6p per ton or part of a ton of the Gross Tonnage.
KING’S LYNN CONSERVANCY BOARD LEVY
On arrival King’s Lynn or within the Statutory limits of the King’s Lynn Conservancy Board, all commercial vessels will pay the KLCB Levy at a rate of £41.17 per vessel.
This levy is for facilities, training and fees required by recent legislation (ISPS), (OPRC), (PMSC) & (WBC).
Leisure Craft Pontoons mooring £1.50 per metre minimum £9.00 per 24 hours or part thereof payable direct on booking to Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk
(a) On all goods 52.2p per metric tonne or part of a tonne of gross weight. Shipped, transhipped or unshipped in any part of the Statutory Port of King’s Lynn. (Minimum Invoice Charge £25.00).
(b) Additional at the South Quay, King’s Lynn Harbour, on all goods shipped, transhipped and unshipped 52.2p per metric tonne or part of a tonne of gross weight. (Minimum Invoice Charge £25.00).
(c) Discounts on Goods dues: At the discretion of the Board, a shipper or receiver of a single commodity can opt to “ship or pay” for 100,000 tonnes by monthly instalments and receive a discount on the goods due rate. For further details contact the Harbour Master.
NOTE – Vessels at King’s Lynn Docks pay Associated British Ports Dock Dues and Tonnage rates in addition. Contact A.B.P. King’s Lynn 01553 691555
Use of the lay-by berth at South Quay;
Vessel of 35 metres up to 85 metres
Per Day, or any part thereof, to a maximum of 5 days £92.23 per day or part thereof
Vessels of less than 35 metres LOA up to 5 days £61.92 per day or part thereof
Hourly rate for craft.
St Edmund £522.83 per hour minimum 2 hours plus VAT where applicable
Pilot Cutters £448.14 per hour minimum 2 hours plus VAT where applicable
Staplewear £421.51 per hour minimum 2 hours plus VAT where applicable
Ardenfast £385.34 per hour minimum 2 hours plus VAT where applicable
Outside working hours by arrangement
Harbour Master or deputy
£126.63 per hour plus VAT where applicable. Outside working hours by arrangement
Marine Works Application £162.23 plus vat (£194.68) minimum charge.
Works requiring issue of Local Notice to Mariners £109.80 plus vat (£131.76)
Mooring West Lynn £25.10 per day longer stays by arrangement.
For ships on the South Quay requiring fresh water in Normal Working Hours a connection charge of £92.23will be made and a charge of £2.37 per tonne (metered).
Outside of those Hours, weekends and public holidays £184.46 and £2.37 respectively.